Class of 2020
Major/Minor: History and German Studies / Computer Science and European Studies
Elizabeth will graduate with a double major in History and German Studies with minors in Computer Science and European Studies. During the summer semester between her junior and senior years, Elizabeth spent eleven weeks studying abroad at Humboldt University (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin). In four years, Elizabeth acquired 159 credits from two universities.
German Thesis: In Theorie und Praxis: die Erinnerungskultur der jüdischen Gemeinde Berlins und die unglückiche Notwendigkeit der Polizeisicherheit an Order der jüdischen Geschichte
Advisor: Professor Nicole Grewling, Ph.D.
History Thesis: Anglophobia and Anarchy: Conspiratorial Anglophobia and the Baltimore Riots of 1812
Advisor: Professor Ken Miller, Ph.D.
- Member of Phi Theta Alpha, history honor society
- Member of Delta Phi Alpha, German honors society
- President of German Club, 2018-2020
- Head of Academic Development for Alpha Omicron Pi, 2017-2018. Underneath Elizabeth’s leadership, the sorority maintained the highest GPA out of all sorority and fraternity organizations
- Intern and Team Leader at the Starr Center for the Study of the American Experience, 2016-2020.
- Intern at Geographic Information Systems, 2017-2018
- Peer Mentor, 2017-2020
- Speaks reads and writes in German at the B2/C1 level
- Proficient in Java, Python, C++, and SQL